Posted to alt.home.repair
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default What's really happening in Gaza

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:16:05 -0500, "Sanity"
wrote:

"Kenneth" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:44:26 -0500, "Sanity"
wrote:

"Kenneth" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:59:22 -0500, "Sanity"
wrote:

wrote in message
op is crazy.. everyone has a right to self defense..

Any hamas lovers or sympathizers are in for a rude awakening if one of
them
tries to hurt anyone in my family. I would bring every resource that I
have,
be it weapons, family, friends, etal to destroy them. When you screw
with
the bull, you get the horns.

Howdy,

I would like to understand something more of your view...

You say that you would bring various resources to bear to
"destroy them" were any to hurt your family.

But could you define what you mean by "them?"

Do you mean, the attackers? Their families? People who live
in their neighborhood? Who would you hope to hold
accountable?

Sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth

How do you destroy the attackers when they fight and hide among civilians?
You try and pick the attackers off but sometimes innocents get hurt.
The U.S. and the allies did this in world war 2. They bombed the hell out
of
German cities. Why was it all right for them? The U.S. dropped to A-Bombs
on
Japan to end a war. Why was it all right for them? What did we do in
Iraq?
In war, people get hurt. It seems everyone in the world has a right to
defend themselves in any manner except for Israel.

Hi again,

Thanks for your interesting comments, but...

Would you care to answer the question I asked?

I would like to understand who it is you would hope to hold
accountable in the example you offered.

(I'll also add that the examples you offer of retaliation
that were "all right" are truly fascinating. Each of those
examples has become the source of very vigorous debate by
scholars, historians, clergy, and ethicists.)

All the best,
--
Kenneth

"Them" is the person or persons trying to attack and harm my family AND
anyone that gets in the way of me getting to "them".

Hi again,

I have continued to think about your comment above, and
would like to say something more about it.

You offered those thoughts originally as a parallel to the
situation of the people of Israel.

I wonder if you can see that the radical representatives of
the Palestinians use precisely the same justification for
their violence.

When attitudes such as yours are held by even a modest
minority of a population, they can be fanned by those who
benefit from such conflict, to create situations of endless
warfare...,
--
Kenneth