Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Ceiling in Kitchen

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:45:27 -0800 (PST), car crash
wrote:

Hi, I have a question for you paint experts. We have a 2 year old
house and we needed to repaint the kitchen ceiling due to a very minor
water damage. (that's not the issue) What a nightmare ! 3 coats
later and we can see all the roller streaks in the ceiling throughout
the kitchen during daylight hours. It looks like a horrible job. We
are using Betonel Cloud white paint, which is pretty standard and we
are painting directly on the old surface which was the same thing
originally.
Does anyone know why all the roller marks would show up on the ceiling
during daylight hours ?
Is there a special roller to use when painting a ceiling ? We are
using a 12mm roller. We have no clue what's causing this to
happen. We thought maybe a lack of paint on the roller but we tried
soaking it good before the 3rd coat, and still were seeing many
streaks.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Most ceilings are rough and require a thick nap. The thicker nap will
hold more paint but you also need to lay the paint on slower to avoid
splattering.