Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's really happening in Gaza

On 1/17/2009 11:44 AM Sanity spake thus:

How do you destroy the attackers when they fight and hide among
civilians? You try and pick the attackers off but sometimes innocents
get hurt. The U.S. and the allies did this in world war 2. They
bombed the hell out of German cities. Why was it all right for them?
The U.S. dropped to A-Bombs on Japan to end a war. Why was it all
right for them? What did we do in Iraq? In war, people get hurt. It
seems everyone in the world has a right to defend themselves in any
manner except for Israel.

In my view, and in that of a hell of a lot of other folks, those things
were all outrages, crimes against humanity: the firebombings of Dresden
and Tokyo, and the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I'm no fan of the Nazis, but firebombing Dresden, a largely non-military
target, was an evil, criminal act.

--
In order to embark on a new course, the only one that will
solve the problem: negotiations and peace with the Palestinians,

Because it's only with enemies that one makes peace.

- Uri Avnery, Israeli writer and peace activist with Gush Shalom.
(http://counterpunch.org/avnery08032006.html)