Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Insulating a garage

On Jan 17, 9:03*am, "cshenk" wrote:
Hi,

Tip query here. *One of the delayed projects (not renter damae this time,
origonal construction), is to insulate the garage. *It has no insulation at
all right now except at the wall to the house.

The plan is fairly simple. *The pink stuff in a roll will do. *All beams are
exposed. *Paper layer towards the heat source (grin, outside wall I guess in
our case of the south). *Covering it required then by code. *It's the
covering that we query.

Cost is not as relevant as ease. *Code is pretty standard here (cover the
fiberglass with something fire resistant). *Project slated for spring when
it's warm enough to comfortably work out there.

We simply do not want to bother with drywall. *It's a garage and intended to
remain one. *The simplist product to use seems to be sheet paneling. *Any
easier ideas?

Here is a possible product......poly faced / fire resistance that may
or may not require drywall depending on local codes.

http://products.construction.com/Man...ion-NST15791-P

In a garage, for utility & cleanliness and if you can get away without
using drywall...... I would suggest covering the insulation with the
thickest / cheapest plywood you can find, at least 1/2".

cheers
Bob