Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What to do about this stone?

On Jan 17, 9:47*am, ransley wrote:
On Jan 17, 7:12*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

On Jan 17, 12:48 am, Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

Remodeling my kitchen, have part of what used to be an external wall
(before a prev owner built an addition) exposed. It looks like this:

http://freeboundaries.com/stone.jpg

I would like to leave to fix it up and leave it exposed. Can I, who
has not masonry training, do something about making it look more
presentable? (I have a big pile of matching pieces of stone.)

Looks like crap as it is. *Your best bet would be to apply some of the thing
stone facing that is available. *goes on like tile and you can grout it to
make it look the same as thick stone.

Looks like rubble as is.- Hide quoted text -

I don;t know what he means by "fix it up". It sure is rubble now. I
was expecting to see some 200 year old stone wall. What is there is
worth less than zero. I'd cover it up, either with drywall or stone
veneer, etc.