Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod[_2_] LRod[_2_] is offline

Default PVC and dust collectio safety

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 07:02:55 -0700, "cm" wrote:

I have been stetting up my new shop over the past few months and have
researched dust collection on the net and by reading a few books on the
subject. This morning I found this article on the Wood Whisperer site.
http://home.comcast.net/~rodec/woodw...s.html#who#who

It basically states that there is almost no chance of a fire/explosion from
using ungrounded PVC ducts with your dust collector.

That was written several years ago by my friend Rod Cole, formerly of
the Badger Pond woodworking forum (now defunct). He is (or
was--haven't heard from him in a while) an engineer at MIT. I've long
considered this the definitive work on home shop DC systems and PVC
piping.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.