Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default South Bend lathe Cat. No. 644A

This item just came up on Craig's list in town.

No information on it from the owners except the usual "one careful lady
owner" etc.

Looking at the net there is a paucity of info: All I gather is that it was
likely made in 1947 or thereabouts and is 9"x36".

I am going to look at it tomorrow having memorized the Dave Fricken article.

I am not even sure I will be able to fit it into my garage but assuming the
answer is affirmative I would appreciate any advice from resident sages,
particularly those who have direct experience with this lathe.

Thanks,

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC