Posted to rec.woodworking
Maxwell Lol Maxwell Lol is offline

Default OT bar codes

Phisherman writes:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:07:06 -0600, "Curran Copeland"
wrote:

Got this in e-mail and thought it was interesting. I offer it for l your
interest, check it out and see if it seems correct to you. I checked on my
own and would like to know if anyone gets the same results. This is for
amusement only.
Curran Copeland

The whole world is concerned about China made 'black hearted goods'. Can you
differentiate which one is made in Canada, Philippines, Taiwan or China?

The first 3 digits of the bar code is the country code wherein the product
was made.

This is UPC and EAN.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Article_Number

* System code, the first two or three digits, usually identifying the
country in which the manufacturer is registered (not necessarily where
XXXXXXXXXX
the product is actually made). When the EAN-13 barcode is a conversion
of a 10-digit ISBN or ISMN code, the system code will be 978 or 979
respectively, or 977 for ISSNs.