Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Len is offline

Default OT bar codes

"Curran Copeland" wrote in message

Got this in e-mail and thought it was interesting. I offer it for l

your
interest, check it out and see if it seems correct to you. I checked

on my
own and would like to know if anyone gets the same results. This is

for
amusement only.
Curran Copeland

The whole world is concerned about China made 'black hearted goods'.

Can you
differentiate which one is made in Canada, Philippines, Taiwan or

China?

The first 3 digits of the bar code is the country code wherein the

product
was made.

Sample: All bar codes that start at 690 - 695 are all MADE IN CHINA.
471 is Made in Taiwan

Government and related departments won't educate the public.
Therefore, we have to educate ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer

products
'Made in China', so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the bar code, remember if the first 3

digits
a 690-695 then it is Made in China.

BAR CODES

00 ~ 13 USA & CANADA
30 ~ 37 FRANCE
40 ~ 44 GERMANY
49 ~ JAPAN
50 ~ UK
57 ~ Denmark
64 ~ Finland
76 ~ Switzerland and Liechtenstein
471 ~ Taiwan
480 ~ Philippines
628 ~ Saudi-Arabia
629 ~ United Arab Emirates
690 ~ 695 China
740 ~ 745 Central America

These numbers are the country that assigned the bar code to a product,
NOT THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN!

Check out this site for info about bar codes:
http://www.adams1.com/upccode.html
What are the country codes?
Lots of people have requested the codes. Here is a partial list.
Remember, it indicates the country that issued the code, NOT THE COUNTRY
OF ORIGIN OF THE PRODUCT. The abbreviation "MO" stands for Member
Organization. The meaning of the prefixes ""020-029", "040-049" and
"200-299" are set by the GS1 administration in a given country. GS1-US
has defined these prefixes as for internal use in, for example,
warehouses. The authoritative list is here.

Len