Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default AEG washing machine - help sought

I have an AEG Oko-Lavamat 605 washing machine,
and I am trying to take off the front cover
to remove something from between the disks.

The machine suddenly developed a scraping noise,
and when I asked at my local AEG dealer/maintainer
he told me that the problem was almost certainly
something (he suggested a bit of a bra)
caught between the two drums,
rather than a bad bearing as I had supposed.

He told me, rather vaguely, that I could get at the space
between the drums by removing the front panel.

I have removed two bolts at the bottom of the panel,
and this allows the bottom of the pane to pulled out for a few inches,
But something - I do not know what -
is holding the top of the panel.
I don't think it can be a bolt, as the panel opens to about 20 degrees.

If anyone knows how to remove this panel,
or has any suggestion of what I might try,
I should be most grateful.