Posted to uk.d-i-y
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default OT Totally, and a little bit rude... The side effects of fixingempty buildings...

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:57:32 +0000, Pete Verdon wrote:

dennis@home wrote:

You can even get WiFi 3g routers if you want to connect more than one
computer or use linux.

A 3G router certainly sounds attractive to keep things simple (cheers, I
didn't know they existed) but it's not actually necessary just to use
Linux. Several of my colleagues use 3G dongles (not sure about cards)
with Linux; I've heard the latest Ubuntus Just Work.

Work, yes. Fast, no.

The bloke at work who has 3G internet says it's 'about 3 times as fast as
dialup'.