Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Water heater temperature regulation

On Jan 16, 7:44*pm, "Walter R." wrote:
I had a new GE 40 gal gas water heater installed, replacing an old unit.

We noticed right away that the water temperature in the shower often needs
adjustment when we step in the shower (after the water has been running for
several minutes to allow for cold pipes). The temp is set fairly low to
avoid wasting a lot of hot water. The water coming from the shower head,
after I let it run for 4 minutes, shows between 95 and 105 degree, a 10
degree differential.

Is this normal? I am glad my furnace thermostat is more accurate than that.