Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wasting taxpayer money - The FCC and over the air HDTV Rollout

On Jan 16, 2:22*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/16/2009 9:38 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Manufacturing? The U.S. is the world's leader in manufactured products - of
course, again, our size has a lot to do with it.

I doubt that's true anymore. If it is, it won't be for long, after we're
eclipsed by China, India, et al.

--
In order to embark on a new course, the only one that will
solve the problem: negotiations and peace with the Palestinians,

Because it's only with enemies that one makes peace.

So, I guess you think you could negotiate with Hitler, Idi Amin, Pol
Pot, Bin Laden, and a whole long list of similar rational guys,
right?

In the case of the current Palestinian problem, let's review what
recently happened. Israel unilateraly withdrew from Gaza. In
return, the Palestinians elected Hamas, a terror group dedicated to
the destruction of Israel. In essence they had the opportunity to
choose between becoming Singapore or Somalia. They chose the later.
And you think you can just talk and negotiate with them. Maybe you
should visit Charlie Manson and reason with him too.

- Uri Avnery, Israeli writer and peace activist with Gush Shalom.
(http://counterpunch.org/avnery08032006.html)