Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Painting MDF?

Not sure I follow. Was this some kind of jab at my work?

On Jan 16, 8:37*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
1. Is MDF paintable? It ssems the moisture will screw it up. Is there
some priming method required?

Yes, but why would you want to? *At worst, three coats of clear poly. *Best
would be a shellac and French polish. If you are going to take the time to
make a nice project, don't cover up and hide the material. *I use 8d common
nails too and the contrast with the heads is a beauty to behold.

Given your sense of aesthetics, I don't think we will ever see you doing one
of the Designer shows on cable TV.