Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default OT bar codes

Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 16, 4:35 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
Nova wrote:
The first 3 digits of the bar code is the country code wherein the
product was made.
"Snopes" indicated this to be false. See:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp

Too bad, it would be nice to be able to avoid MIC products that aren't
labelled as such.

Too bad that Snopes has an agenda and is also been known to s t r e t
c h the the facts.
They're a right-wing conspiracy?

? In this case they seem to be right. I just leaned over and picked up a
pack of CD-R "slim mini jewel cases" from staples, labeled "Made in
China" with UPC code (7)1810301641(4) below the bar code.

I've given up on going by the country of origin. Sturgeon's Law seems to
hold everywhere.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar