Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Update on welding with implanted defibrillator

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:43:43 -0800, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

snip
Don't feel bad, that's the same faulty logic behind the "No 2-Way
Radios or Cellphones in the Hospital" decrees. Rather than study the
potential conflicts and determine limits that are technically
required, a blanket edict is a whole lot easier and faster.

I used to work RF/Radio. It never stopped their security
people from using radios anywhere that I could tell.

I remember one emergency room radio/install that gave us
fits. Sometimes when they keyed up the local base, (security
office was right beside the ER entrance. Common
configuration.) the main ER entry sliding power door would
open/cycle. That one was lots of fun!

All sorts of radios wandering around ER back then. Police,
security, ambulance, two-way techs...

I remember VP Cheney getting one of these or similar a while
back. It seems like that should have opened a can of worms
trying to keep people for making it go off falsely.

I'll bet he didn't volunteer to stand in front of the new
crowd control gizmo that they were pushing/demonstrating.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b