Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermal insulation and soundproofing

D.M. Procida wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

As well as not annoying your neighbours drum machines don't drink,
fart, blow up your toilets or drive your car into a swimming pool.

Drums are hard..best is a complete new blockwork wall inside the
existing, no windows, and air con system. Also consider a block and beam
false CEILING.

You're thinking a lot bigger than I am...

Well I had occasion to be around a fair few rehearsal rooms and the odd
small studio at one time.

Lots of mass is what it takes.

You will also need to line the blockwork with egg cartons or similar to
break up reflections.

Sadly, egg cartons don't - despite legend - have any acoustical
properties worth making use of.

They are a **** of a sight better than a bare blockwork wall. They
really do reduce reverb levels a lot.

As will e.g hanging carpet down the walls.

Daniele