Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default digital radios

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Funny I thought it sent sum and difference.

So what is not 'full stereo' about that?

Poor separation for a start.

Not necessarily. Certainly no worse than vinyl records

Lets face it,. 100:1 difference (20dB) in channels is available with the
meaneet of equipment. That puts the mage firmly at the edge of one
loudspeaker. Most meaningful stereo is in the 2-3 times difference only.

ISTR that I could get around 40dB with a good chipset and reasonable
signal; level - 10uv or so, certainly better than 30dB in the mid range,
tailing off a bit above 4Khz..but there isn't a lot of info in the last
two octaves anyway.

Its unusual to get more than 40db crosstalk rejection in a stereo amp
anyway...especially at higher freqs where capacitative coupling across
e.g. tone control wiring tends to screw things up.