Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Whirlpool Super Capacity 465 Oven Issue

My GF turned on her oven the other day and smelled burning electrical
and smoke coming from under the control panel near the "oven" control.
No smoke came from the inside of the oven. The other range functions
are normal.
I will be looking at this next week and am pretty sure I can fix
whatever is wrong. But I would still like some idea in advance of what
I may expect to get into. Also, I look for evidence of some similar
problem that may have been common in these ranges.
Could anyone suggest a "most likely" scenario here?
Thank you very much for your help!
Frank