Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wasting taxpayer money - The FCC and over the air HDTV Rollout

On Jan 16, 1:25*am, "Smarty" wrote:
"Steve Daniels" wrote in message

Blow me, bitch.

Steve,

How about acting like a grown-up instead of a child?

Let's see if you can offer an opinion on the topic of this thread.......

I offered an opinion on the topic, but you didn't like it much. And
that is, even if you are qualified technically, which I accept, you
can't make a snap judgement that "the entire problem could have been
avoided if the FCC had proper
engineering people who had chosen / demanded higher transmitter power
and
transmitting antenna type and site choices. "

As I asked before, what tests did you conduct, data did you collect,
cost/benefit analysis, transmitter site selection realities in the
real world, etc. did you go through before coming to your
conclusion? Did you look at what the FCC looked at? If not, then
how can you make this judgement?

It would seem that as an engineer with management experience, you
would realize that there is a process you have to go through to review
all the pertinent data, issues, cost/benefits, etc instead of making a
snap judgement. I think the FCC and the broadcasters did go through
that process.

Don't the schools in Hood River teach you kids how to think?