Posted to sci.electronics.repair
larry moe 'n curly larry moe 'n curly is offline

Default Can someone identify this NTSC video (CRT) monitor problem? Is itsimple?

wrote:

On Jan 12, 6:07�pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:

I'm not familiar with your monitor, but in general you would locate
the 4-wire cable that connects to the deflection yoke around the
picture tube. The two thinnest wires would connect to a vertical
amplifier IC on the PCB. Since yours is a Panasonic monitor, I would
expect that this IC would be made by Matsu****a and would have a part
number beginning with AN. These ICs are often in a SIP package and are

You were right, in case you had any doubt (which you probably did
not). It's an AN5512, and the cap between pins 4 and 8 of that chip
had 90 ohms of series resistance and about 5% of it's labeled
capacitance. I'm off to the local shop to get some electrolytics.

BTW the repair manual for the monitor is $4.25, plus $9 shipping from
this company:

www.mcmelectronics.com/product/P-BTS1300N-SM

I'm not sure, but I think Panasonic wants $3.01 for it, but with
shipping it could be more.

Two days ago, my Sanyo TV had a similar problem. Most of the vertical
capacitors (all Jamicon brand) measured high ESR but normal
capacitance.