Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Alto L12 mixer, only 2007

N_Cook wrote in message
Meat Plow wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:27:46 -0000, "N_Cook" wrote:

And the master slider pot has failed (Chinese so assume unavailable).
Long but tiny cross section stereo 2x 10K log pot. Found a larger one

that
there maybe enough space and can be screwed onto/under/through the top

panel
and wired into the pcb but it is 2x 250K lin of course.
10K and 1K resitors in parallel with each pot, will that be a work

around
or
will the characteristic be too "lumpy" on the low end?

I'd be surprised to see this as a suitable solution. Can you swipe a
pot from the last channel or are they different? I've done this in the
past when no alternative was available and the customer knew what to
expect.

I'd thought of that but to safely remove the failed one I will be grinding
off the mounting tangs, then desolder the active pins, as there is SM

right
up against the pots. They are all similarly crammed in , but there is

space
between the pcb mounted pots and the back face of the top panel.

I will plot out a 25:1 ratio fudged pot to see how removed it is from the
original 10K at 100 percent and 1K at 50 percent travel.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

or rather the value at 1percent and 5 percent comparisons and 90, 95
percent