Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stickyfox@gmail.com is offline

Default Can someone identify this NTSC video (CRT) monitor problem? Is itsimple?

You were right, in case you had any doubt (which you probably did
not). It's an AN5512, and the cap between pins 4 and 8 of that chip
had 90 ohms of series resistance and about 5% of it's labeled
capacitance. I'm off to the local shop to get some electrolytics.

On Jan 12, 6:07*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
I'm not familiar with your monitor, but in general you would locate
the 4-wire cable that connects to the deflection yoke around the
picture tube. The two thinnest wires would connect to a vertical
amplifier IC on the PCB. Since yours is a Panasonic monitor, I would
expect that this IC would be made by Matsu****a and would have a part
number beginning with AN. These ICs are often in a SIP package and are