Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default PVC and dust collectio safety

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Reminds me of the electronics lab at my old technical school. We were
tasked with not only generating huge amounts of static electricity
with/without our bodies, but we had to discharge it and MEASURE it! It
became like a horror movie, mad scientist laboratory.

We had different kinds of synthetic material that we would rub with glass
rods and our feet. We would build up a charge and go out into the hallway
and look for victims. After enough complaints, we got shut down. Talk
about being politically incorrect.

I learned the key trick in my college physics class. We too were working
with high voltage static electricity. I first started using the technique
for practical use when vacationing in the mountains, I could actually feel
the jolt up to my elbow.