Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default PVC and dust collectio safety

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

In all the western states I've driven through Washington, California,
Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Texas,
etc), I've never seen any non-locking fill handles, in fact I've never
seen even one! I assume you're talking about the three position ridged
thingie with the metal spring loaded fliper thingie thaqt allows you to
"set and forget"? Can't be sure about Oregon as they don't allow self
serve.

Lucky you. In CT or MA you won't find one where the thingie has not been
removed. I hate holding the thing in freezing weather or when I could be
cleaning the windshield. You can jam it with the gas cap though, but only
in a slow position.

Wow you bring back memories with the mention of delicately inserting the cap
in the handle. LOL

I did have a near accident though some years ago when self service first
started. The person before me put the handle back in the locked on
position. I picked it up and turned the switch on and gas started to
spew. I was able to stop it quickly, but enough spilled that it could have
been serious had a smoker been right there. Pumps have since been
redesigned.