Posted to uk.d-i-y
Unbeliever[_2_] Unbeliever[_2_] is offline

Default Your rights

John Rumm wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:

Clever, but if I was undergoing any nefarious activity, I would
certainly not transmit such information electronically - encrypted
or not. Governments are now spending millions on technology to try and
crack
the codes - and besides, I can see a day coming whereby it will
against the law to use such methods of data transmission, and ISPs
will be told to either 'block' such messages or redirect them to
decoding stations.

At which point people will just move to steganographic techniques to
hide the encrypted information.

Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |

And governments will simply move to developing programs that will reveal
such hidden information John - remember, we the public are paying the bills
for them to spend vast amounts to enable then to spy on us.

They will have the technology to search every page that we send
electronically - and that system (under the guise of targeted advertising)
is being introduced by BT and possibly Virgin Media (and one other ISP which
escapes me at the moment) - and it's called Webwise oo Phorm

Unbeliever