Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Your rights

Unbeliever wrote:

This is set to get worse, as the EEC is now starting to jump on the
bandwagon and starting to introduce even more draconian legislation that
will erode any vestiges of 'privacy' that you think you already have.

Indeed, much of the privacy we believe we have now is illusory.

As a matter of interest, I believe that legislation may well be in the
pipeline to follow that of the USA whereby *all* mobile phones must be
fitted with a tracking device to enable your location to be pinpointed
within a few metres (this is already in operation here but on a voluntary
basis at the moment).

There is already loads of stuff that can be done with mobile comms that
often seems to get ignored as well. e.g. low level manipulation of the
GSM command stack can remotely enable the mic and transmit capabilities
of a phone - turning it into a eavesdropping device. (moral of that
story, if you don't want to be overheard, take the battery out!)

I really would suggest that the "stupid" one is yourself, if you genuinely
think that what I have said is untrue - hell, even the government's own
Information Minister has stated that we are walking blindfold into a
surveillance society.

Sadly very true. Legislation like the RIP act combines that with a
reversal of the burden of proof as well - which is a major change to the
premise of our legal and justice system.

--
Cheers,

John.