Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony B Tony B is offline

Default TV Mounting onto plasterboard walls ?

"Tony B" wrote in message
"george (dicegeorge)" wrote in message

John wrote:
"TonyB" wrote in message
. ..

What's on the other side of the wall? I mounted an LCD TV on my bedroom
wall, on the other side is the airing cupboard, so I stuck a piece of
wood to the wall and screwed right through into that.

HTH

John

yes a piece of plywood the other side of the wall to spread the load?

[g]

The other side is another room so this isn't really an option.

Tony

I did think of gluing a piece of ply onto the wall behind the tv to reduce
the amount the plasterboard would warp, and having holes through the board
where the fixings go through to the wall, or fixing the board to the wall
with the anchor fixings in a few places plus gluing it, and then mounting
onto the board.

Tony