Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fernox ds3 descaler

In article ,
Stephen wrote:
I have moved into a house with an unknown CH history. The cylinder may
be 30 years old like the house, then again, it may have been fitted
the day before I moved in. It is a very hard water area.

I see you can buy fernox ds3 to descale potable hot water. Is it worth
trying some of this? Or is it a case of "if it's not broke, don't fix
it"?

Well I live in London where the water's pretty hard and my cylinder is 30
years old and never had the potable side descaled. Still works fine.

Is there a reason why you want to?

--
*Nostalgia isn't what is used to be.

Dave Plowman London SW