Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 30mm v.deep socket needed

In article
,
wrote:
I'd already had a look and saw this:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....uk&dir=catalog
and size wise it's spot on, but because its an imperial size and not
metric and I was brought up using metric measurements ;-) (and I don't
want to waste £45!) I was unsure if it would fit - anybody care to
comment?

Well converting 1.125" gives 28.6mm so probably not.

I'd try a big motor factor that deals with commercial vehicles - you might
be lucky there. Although I'm not sure you'll find one on the net. My first
port of call would have been Cannons MSA in Clapham - but they've moved to
Mitcham and down sized. So I don't know what their tool department is like
now. Other lead might be from a local engineer's supplier.

Might it be possible to use a box spanner and reinforce it by welding?

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.