Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default Why won't a multimeter work on a 9V plug?

"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:

In article ,
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
To clarify (I think): Many digital meters require that the power
supply be isolated from the circuit being measured.

Wouldn't all wall warts do this for class II status?

Yes, for a single meter AND with neither power supply connection also
attached to one of the meter inputs. And assuming he didn't try to
measure the wall wart's voltage with the meter!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/