Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] google@pharkus.homeip.net is offline

Default Yamaha R-V1105 about ready to be disintegrated

I have googled various combinations of yamaha, diagnostics, receiver,
and the model number.

Apparently, on MOST Yamaha receivers, it is SET MENU and PROGRAM +
simultaneously at power-on.

That is not working on this receiver.

I have also learned that there are two shutdowns, one takes 3 seconds,
the other a half-second. This is definitely the three-second non-
serious shutdown mode.

Most of what I have found seems to indicate that the primary things
sensed are DC offset and the power supply rails. Every rail is well
within 10% of what's labeled next to it on the board, and the voltage
at the speaker-output-end of the emitter resistors is 0.00 on every
single amp channel.

I remain convinced that the problem is either in the surround amp /
voltage regulator board, or the computer itself.

I'm not the resident Yamaha guru on this board but the later Yamaha units
have a special key combination that you press *to enable the diagnostic mode
which will tell you why it's shutting down or at least give you some general
info. For example it might say "power supply," or "dc offset." You would
need the service manual or some help from somebody who knows the exact key
combination and how to interpret the diagnostic menus.

Good luck.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center