Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default OT We do not torture

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jan 15, 3:57 pm, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus18994 wrote:
As far as I understand the article, Qahtani's health was actually
wrecked by his treatment.
He seems to be a bad guy, if I am to believe the Bush administration,
but good or bad, he was tortured anyway. Maybe Bush should have said
"we torture bad people only".

I'd like to know exactly what they did to him. You and I don't know and we can't be sure
his health issues are a result of whatever harsh treatment was applied.

You do understand the concept of 'spin'? Even when it comes from a side you might tend to
agree with on certain issues?

Wes

We had been watching spin happen for all the Bush years..one of the
most secretive Administrations ever.

When the free press turns the lights on, those who spin go hide under
their rocks.

The only people to whom the "free press" looks stable are those who are
also spinning. Or perhaps the light you are referring to is a strobe.

Example...

Bush gets $350 billion of your tax money and gives it to the
banks..and they won't tell us where it went.

Obama will get the other $350 billion of your tax money and where it
goes will be public knowledge.

See the difference?

No, we don't see anything yet. And The One doesn't have enough of a
track record to have any idea what he will do when he has some actual
responsibility. It might be funny to watch if we did not have so much
at stake.
Things that we would expect a president elect to make public
knowledge are being kept under wraps, such as his actual birth certificate.
But no matter. If he ****s up, the press will fix it so we aren't
bothered unnecessarily