Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default windshield wiper misses glass for the middle ~3 inches.

On 14 Jan 2009 22:09:40 -0500, (David Combs) wrote:

Is there a windshield-wiper manufacturer who make ones that have not
two, but three, supports directly pushing the actual blade against
the glass?

Skip the three idea. Rain-X and Bosch both make blades
without any external supports. I suggest you try one of them. I use
the Bosh and will not go back. This style also has the advantage of
no icing up of the supports in winter.

And my second: how about ones made for really difficult weather,
eg northern canada or alaska, with lots of ice, freezing-rain, etc?

Same as above

----- just for fun:

What about these huge semi-trucks -- drive all night in that kind of
weather, what kind of wipers do they have.

Really big ones.

Or airplanes?

Or navy destroyers?

The blade stands still and a round piece of glass rotates. (OK
today's may be different.

Thanks!

David