Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT We do not torture

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message

snip

I am aware that physical torture is often unproductive, since as you
say, when they are beating on you will say anything to stop it.

On the other hand it has and did work in some/many instances. We had a
Psy-war airplane shot down in N. Korea and the crew captured. When
they were repatriated they stated that they had "talked" due to daily
beatings over a period of months.

My question, though, is whether those who condemn torture are prepared
to justify their stance should the failure to gain information known
the detainee result in an atrocity such as the WTC?

Extreme cases make bad policy.

--
Ed Huntress