Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Removing glued on mirror

Buerste wrote:
I have a 5' x 6' mirror in a bathroom that has to go. It was glued
on the wall 30 years ago. Any ideas how to get it off without
breaking it? It's tight up to the ceiling and one wall. I don't
think I can get a wire behind it.

1. Take out the wall. The mirror will come with it.
2. Read "The Cask of Amontillado*," and drywall over it.

------
* "No answer still. I thrust a torch through the remaining aperture and let
it fall within. There came forth in return only a jingling of the bells. My
heart grew sick; it was the dampness of the catacombs that made it so. I
hastened to make an end of my labour. I forced the last stone into its
position; I plastered it up. Against the new masonry I re-erected the old
rampart of bones. For the half of a century no mortal has disturbed them. In
pace requiescat."