Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default windshield wiper misses glass for the middle ~3 inches.

On Jan 14, 9:09*pm, (David Combs) wrote:
My lifelong problem with windshield-wipers is that, being 6'3", *
while driving a car, my eyes's sightline to the road has always
gone through the windwhield *precisely halfway between* those two
supports that push the rubber "blade" against the windshield.

So, where *I* most comfortably look through the winshield is
where the wiper is guaranteed
to push lightly (if at all!) against the glass -- the rain/snow/ice/dirt/roadScum-hit glass.

Thus leaving a 3-inch band ("annulus") the windshield has any (if any)
effect on.

So, my first question:

* Is there a windshield-wiper manufacturer who make ones that have not
* two, but three, supports directly pushing the actual blade against
* the glass?

And my second: how about ones made for really difficult weather,
*eg northern canada or alaska, with lots of ice, freezing-rain, etc?

----- just for fun:

What about these huge semi-trucks -- drive all night in that kind of
weather, what kind of wipers do they have.

Or airplanes? *

Or navy destroyers?

Thanks!

David

My dum ass sister said she refused to put water in the battery because
water would freeze and changing the oil filter was good enough. Do
you change the motor oil, and tires when they are bad, or change your
underware if you stink, or just ask dumb questions as to why your car
wont stay on the road and it smells all the time and cant see outside,
you ask dumb questions. Get new wiper blades, if that dont do it get
new wiper arms. Check your tires too, air contracts as it get cold and
tires fall off from low pressure when you hit a curb. I shouldnt post
this rude response, but windshield wipers are basic stuff like wiping
your ass so you dont stink and putting gas in the tank so the car
moves.