Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default digital radios

On Jan 14, 12:18*pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"David Hansen" wrote in message

news
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 01:29:28 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
wrote this:-

One of the disadvantages of DAB and DAB+ is that portable receivers
require a great deal more power to operate than analogue ones.

The same is true of televisions I gather. Proponents claim that this
is balanced by the relatively low power of the transmitters. I'm not
convinced, but that is their claim.

This is untrue of course.
There is less chippery in a modern digital set so they use less power.

One (less power) doesn't neccessarily follow from the other (less
chips). It depends on the nature of the chips, supply voltage,
operating frequency and I/O characteristics.

MBQ