Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default digital radios

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Mike
scribeth thus
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:39:11 +0000, Dave
wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that when analogue TV is switched off that
analogue radio will go the same way?

Maybe......in fifty years time.

I can see a time when some local commercial stations will come off Dab
as it simply isn't cost effective for them to transmit on that format!.

Perhaps it's time the rentals were adjusted to the real world. Can't see
DAB being intrinsically more expensive to transmit than any other.

The few people I know that have DAB receivers bought them to receive BBC
Radio 5 Live better;!....

In my case I went DAB years ago because of diabolical FM reception in this
part of London - which has since been at least partially cured by a new
fill in tranmitter. But do still use it for R7 - which is guaranteed to
brighten up the dullest day.

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.