Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default windshield wiper misses glass for the middle ~3 inches.

My lifelong problem with windshield-wipers is that, being 6'3",
while driving a car, my eyes's sightline to the road has always
gone through the windwhield *precisely halfway between* those two
supports that push the rubber "blade" against the windshield.

So, where *I* most comfortably look through the winshield is
where the wiper is guaranteed
to push lightly (if at all!) against the glass -- the rain/snow/ice/dirt/roadScum-hit glass.

Thus leaving a 3-inch band ("annulus") the windshield has any (if any)
effect on.

So, my first question:

Is there a windshield-wiper manufacturer who make ones that have not
two, but three, supports directly pushing the actual blade against
the glass?

And my second: how about ones made for really difficult weather,
eg northern canada or alaska, with lots of ice, freezing-rain, etc?

----- just for fun:

What about these huge semi-trucks -- drive all night in that kind of
weather, what kind of wipers do they have.

Or airplanes?

Or navy destroyers?

Thanks!

David