Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default OT We do not torture

"Steve W." wrote in message
Ignoramus18994 wrote:

Big damn deal.
I guess that since all you liberals claim we are torturing folks we
should actually start. Pull a few fingernails out, maybe some nice
bamboo slivers under the nails, How about we use the same tortures they
use in the Mid-east, cut a few fingers off using a dull knife, gouge out
a few eyes, whip them with real whips soaked in gas, maybe stone a few
to death or public castrations.
How about some nice electric charges to sensitive areas, burning pokers
in other spots.

--
Steve W.

If torture does not bother your morals, then perhaps the rather well known
fact that it produces unreliable information might bother you. Military
intelligence officers who are experts in interrogation do not use physical
torture - there are plenty of interviews with retired interrogators and they
all make clear that torture may get you a confession but it will not get you
the truth.

so, you can decide it is abhorrent because it is morally wrong, or you could
decide it is abhorrent because it doesn't work.

or maybe you just like to hurt people, in which case it is you who are
abhorrent