Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Update on welding with implanted defibrillator

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:20:42 -0600, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:40:05 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

I was bummed last night, sorry about the ohpoorme rant. Maybe I should
write a country western song? "The TIG I love so dear done
mule-kicked me in the hawrt..." May need a bit of work...

Must you understate things so?

--major snippage--

I need the doc to get with the program. I need a doc that'll work
with me and the device supplier on this. Three major suppliers
(Medtronic, St. Jude and Boston Scientific) are here in the cities so
I don't think I'm asking anything unreasonable.

Candidly ask the doctor how much he's going to make for spending X
hours installing that ICD. Ask him if he would consider taking the
time to actually learn more about parameter adjustments of said device
because you're -damned- sure going to be welding after having it
installed.

If he balks at all, ask him squarely "Do you want to make the money on
this operation or should I find a more cooperative physician?" So
many doctors are in the biz solely for the money (and
recognition/fame) that you'll either find out his true motivation or
you'll knock some humanity into the poor soul.

This is a really good way to **** the good ones off. There must be a
better way.

Joe Gwinn