Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT We do not torture

On Jan 14, 7:00*pm, "Steve W." wrote:
Ignoramus18994 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...09/01/13/AR200...

"We tortured [Mohammed al-]Qahtani," said Susan J. Crawford, in her
first interview since being named convening authority of military
commissions by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates in February
2007. "His treatment met the legal definition of torture. And that's
why I did not refer the case" for prosecution.

"The techniques they used were all authorized, but the manner in which
they applied them was overly aggressive and too persistent.

The interrogation, portions of which have been previously described by
other news organizations, including The Washington Post, was so
intense that Qahtani had to be hospitalized twice at Guantanamo with
bradycardia, a condition in which the heart rate falls below 60 beats
a minute and which in extreme cases can lead to heart failure and
death. At one point Qahtani's heart rate dropped to 35 beats per
minute, the record shows.

Big damn deal.
*I guess that since all you liberals claim we are torturing folks we
should actually start. Pull a few fingernails out, maybe some nice
bamboo slivers under the nails, How about we use the same tortures they
use in the Mid-east, cut a few fingers off using a dull knife, gouge out
a few eyes, whip them with real whips soaked in gas, maybe stone a few
to death or public castrations.
How about some nice electric charges to sensitive areas, burning pokers
in other spots.

--
Steve W.- Hide quoted text -

I take it you are talking about Abu Ghraib.

Yeah...us Americans know how to throw a party.

TMT