Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18994 Ignoramus18994 is offline

Default OT We do not torture

On 2009-01-15, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus18994 wrote:

"We tortured [Mohammed al-]Qahtani," said Susan J. Crawford, in her
first interview since being named convening authority of military
commissions by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates in February
2007. "His treatment met the legal definition of torture. And that's
why I did not refer the case" for prosecution.

Did we put an eye out? Beat him black and blue? Put him on the rack?, cut a off a finger,
arm, leg or head off? Castrate him? Brand, whip, crush? Drag him behind a humvee until
dead?

How about putting him in ropes like McCain and the other POW's from Vietnam?

Did we starve him? Expose him to disease? Did we bring his family to Gitmo and torture
them in front of him.

Got a bit cold did he? How cold? How long, any tissue damage? I froze my arse off today
working on my car outside.

Did we torture him or just give him a crappy day, a day that those he helped kill will
never have again be it good or bad?

Maybe we should have used Stalin's advice, no man, no problem and just put him in a trench
with a round in his head to tell no tales? That is the way of those that actually torture
people.

As far as I understand the article, Qahtani's health was actually
wrecked by his treatment.

He seems to be a bad guy, if I am to believe the Bush administration,
but good or bad, he was tortured anyway. Maybe Bush should have said
"we torture bad people only".

As for Stalin, sleep deprivation was his favorite form of torture. It
is very effective, although time consuming. Gouging eyes out is more of
a form of sadism, rather than an interrogation tactic.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/