Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default Front loading washers

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:09:50 -0600, sherwin dubren
wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Jan 13, 3:44 am, sherwin dubren wrote:
Why is it when I bring up the subject of Front Loading Washing
Machines having excessive vibration, does everyone duck for cover?

Sherwin

Here, I'll answer your implicit question.

I've got a front loading washer. I've never noticed any excessive
vibration,
but it's on a concrete floor in the basement.

Cindy Hamilton

Well, you are lucky there. People like me with the washers on wooden
floors, especially on a second floor, notice them quite a bit. When
I run the washer located in a kitchen closet in a ranch house with no
basement, I felt the vibrations in the floor throughout the house.
I partially cured this by putting the washer on a isolating pad, The
washer still shakes, but at least the house doesn't.

Like WDS in a previous post, I've got a front loader (a Frigidaire
Gallery, cheap and effective), but it's on a concrete basement floor,
and we don't experience excessive or really any vibration as we run
the spin cycle on High. The washer does shake a bit, but given the
horizontal axle of the tub, what else would you expect?