Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default What stops the water?

On Jan 14, 5:03*pm, "SteveBell" wrote:
On Jan 6, 4:57*am, "Bob F" wrote:

Grout is not waterproof. Some water will get through it.

How much is some, and how long must so much stand?

Well, that's a complicated question. It will depend on lots of things,
like:
** Brand
** Sanded/unsanded
** Plain/latex-modified
** Vertical/horizontal installation
** Joint width
** Tile type -- porous/nonporous
** Installation quality -- pro/talented amateur/hopeless hack (cracks,
ya know)
** Sealed/unsealed

Grout is just a fancy form of concrete. Have you ever been to Boulder
Dam? Water seeps through it. If water can get through hundreds of feet
of concrete, I assume it can get through 1/4" of grout.

Well, whatever you do, do not consider any differences of pressure.

I assume all concrete products are porous, and I apply sealers.

Have you checked with any tiled pool owners?
-----

gpsman