Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default pressure switch on gas furnace

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jan 13, 3:05 pm, "
wrote:
A little help here.. I have a gas furnace about 13 yrs old, and it
runs most of the time. the times it doesnt it seems that the pressure
switch is not working. i would take the little hose off it for a
second and then it turns on. i replaced the switch with another one,
not exactly the same it was .30 vs .35 plumbing store said it was
close enough, but that didnt make it go on. what else could be the
problem? is it bad to keep the hose off so it works everytime?
the furnace guy tried to charge me over 1000 total, 100 for
diagnostic, 470 for ignitor, (which works) and pressure switch another
470, which i purchased for 40. some garbage huh?
thanks

This is condensing? Blockage or ice on air intake- exhaust is common,
an animal, bird can get in them if there is no screen. Get a different
pro to check the whole thing out, when is the last time it was cleaned
completly and gone over by a pro. You dont take off hoses or anything,
safteys are put in for a reason.

If it's a condensing furnace then it might be important to know where the
condensate drain goes. If it's dumped outside and the water freezes at the
end of the drain line that could be a major reason for a furnace shutdown.
During the day it might be warm enough to prevent freezing. Just a thought.
MLD