Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default digital radios

David Hansen wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:39:11 +0000 someone who may be Dave
wrote this:-

Am I correct in thinking that when analogue TV is switched off that
analogue radio will go the same way?

Eventually? Possibly.

In the short term? No.

DAB is so outdated that only the UK is sticking with it (and even so
the commercial sector is now leaving it to the BBC). Overseas they
are using an improved DAB and the UK will follow eventually (though
the officials concerned had yet to admit this the last time I
checked). It is claimed that the manufacturers are slowly but
quietly rolling out DAB+ radios, as the officials don't want to
frighten the public.

That must be where I picked up on the fact that our DAB radios will
become redundant soon.

Dave