Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Protecting pipe insulation from mice....

In article
,
Reuben_D writes
Does anyone have any advice about protecting foam pipe insulation from
mice? Getting rid of the mice is the obvious answer, but is not always
100% possible as I live on a farm. I'm thinking about wrapping the
foam in a second layer of glass fibre insulation and taping it up, as
I know they are not so keen on getting into that.

I wonder if anti-climb paint[1] might discourage them, bad taste and it
would make a hell of a mess of their fur. Only suitable for out of reach
spots though.

[1] or the DIY alternative of 50/50 old engine oil and gloss paint
--
fred