Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default having main fuse upgraded

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:53:03 -0000 someone who may be "Andrew
Mawson" wrote this:-

...nah, them milliwhatsits hadn't been seen in Engerland by the
1930's - them was genuine English inches - all 18 of 'emG

As I understand it the UK government promised to convert weights and
measures to metric in Victorian times. They should have done it well
before the 1930s and it is their incompetence which has prevented
this sensible change being made a hundred years ago.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP

prevents me

It's all those Scottish MP's sitting in Westminster and clogging up
the various Ministries - they should all be sent back north of the
border to wreak havoc in their own back yard I reckon G

AWEM